Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Exhilarating. That’s how I describe Bandung. From shopping to visiting all kinds of places that Bandung had to offer. The first day in Bandung, I am able to differentiate the culture. The contras of the rich and the poor. While we were in the car waiting for the traffic jam and discussing about what to spend on and which factory outlet we planned to go, the beggars take their opportunity and tap on our window for a small amount of money. I gave them 100,000 rp, which is about rm4, and the expression on their faces was remarkable. Imagine giving that much of money to the children on Raya day in k.l? When our destination arrived, just I landed my right foot on the road side, a small girl and a boy came to me with full of hope that I would buy their newspaper. But this time, I had no choice but to give them 100,000 rp each. I even interviewed them;




Alia : ndak di buat apa dgn wang itu?

Girl : mau di blanja di sekolah

Boy : mau beli kaos supermen!


The next day, all five of us, my parents, arifah,amira and me went to Puncak. It’s more like Cameron Highlands. The atmosphere was cooling. Green trees were beautifully well grown. Flowers were from the colors red to orange. After having our lunch there, we went to the mosque. GORGEOUS! Oh my god. All five of us prayed there. It was pleasurable, how the cool wind slowly blowing your face when you slowly
whisper the Surah to God. That night, we had our dinner in a restaurant recommended by our tour guide called Kebayan. We tried the Bandung`s traditional food, Timble` (not really sure how to pronounce it). The taste of that food was exotic at the same time, scrumptious. Me and the rest of them agreed that the taste will haunt us when were back in Malaysia. On the Fourth day we had to pack all our belongings and leave the country. Feelings? Sad and happy at the same time. It all changes when we touched down on Malaysia, and the captain wishes all of us, to Malaysians, welcome home.
Pictures taken down there were all taken from me. Please to do not expect much. Do mind the pictures, some are taken behind dark tinted car window. And im not even using any professional cameras. After all, it is just me taken em`. Please allow me coating a word from Saiful Nang “Enjoice!” x)

No comments: